Saturday, June 5, 2010

Getting ready


Only one full day left until I depart for new places and new adventures! I've been working on getting packed for several days now, it seems like. Reservations for hostels have been made, reservations for train trips have been purchased, plane tickets (for short flights around Europe) have been bought, and I've made several shopping trips out and about looking for everything from a rotary cutting mat the exact size I want (which I never found) and extra underwear.

Typically, all of my sewing stuff is completely packed, while my clothes are still strewn all over the place. After much deliberation, I decided that I wanted to take a variety of fabrics, in colors that are true to what I might find and want to reproduce. It looks like a lot of fabric, and it is, but I've only got about an eighth of a yard of each of those colors, plus a yard of the creme color on the left that I'll use for background. Of course, I've got at least that much that I'm leaving at home that I can use when I get back if there's anything I run out of.

Even though I'm not leaving until Monday, I'm hoping to get packed tonight so I can take advantage of some advice I've given people before, but never actually done myself. I always tell people that are going to be backpacking or the like to pack their bags, gather them up and hike around the block, then return home and see how much they still feel like they absolutely need. Anyhow, enough lolligagging around. Back to packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment